The main characteristics of elucidative programming in relation to literate programming are:
- The program source files are not affected at all.
- The program and the documentation are shown side by side.
- The program units which we document, are whole abstractions.
- We support on-line presentation in a browser.
- The elucidator tool use specific knowledge about the programming language.
- Program and documentation indexes are available.
- The creation of the format, from which the elucidated information is generated, is supported by a special set of editor commands in Emacs.
Posted to Software-Eng by Ehud Lamm on 10/19/01; 7:49:10 AM