Time as a basis for embedded real-time systems
Project Timber is a research project at the OGI School of Science & Engineering at OHSU, and is part of the DARPA program on Program Composition for Embedded Systems (PCES).
- Facilitate construction and analysis
of high-assurance, and portable real-time
systems from high-level descriptions
- Allow dynamic adaptation: replace
outright failure by Graceful Degradation
- Reduce development and maintenance costs
through reuse and composition
- Exploit OGI expertise and experience in both:
- QoS-aware, adaptive systems
- Domain-specific languages: "language middleware"
Project Timber is host to several sub-projects, most notably the Timbot, a robot that they program with the Timber language, which seems to be a direct descendant of O'Haskell.
Posted to object-functional by Bryn Keller on 12/30/02; 12:41:20 PM