... and interoperability.
Seems to cover many topics that should interest LtU readers. And it is in Firenze, which is a great bonus.
Topics mentioned in the CFP:
- Compilation of high level languages to common executable formats such as Sun's Java Virtual Machine, the DRA's ANDF or Microsoft's
.NET Common Language Runtime.
- Defining and using bindings for component middleware such as OMG's CORBA or Microsoft's COM.
- Language constructs to support interoperability between different languages, particularly from different paradigms
- Multi-language backends for compilation and/or analysis (e.g. MLRISC, FLINT,
C--, TAL, SUIF).
- Type theoretic and semantic foundations for multi-language work.
- Multi-language development environments and tools (e.g. debuggers, profilers).
Posted to general by Ehud Lamm on 3/14/01; 10:42:41 AM