BlueJ is an integrated Java environment specifically designed for introductory teaching
- fully integrated environment
- graphical class structure display
- graphical and textual editing
- built-in editor, compiler, virtual machine, debugger, etc.
- easy-to-use interface, ideal for beginners
- interactive object creation
- interactive object calls
- interactive testing
- incremental application development
BlueJ tries to deal with some of the problematic features of Java for introductory teaching. If one must use Java, maybe this can help...
Or maybe you should choose Squeak
Posted to teaching/learning by Ehud Lamm on 11/3/01; 11:20:13 AM